FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:04 pm
Ewing

Programs: QF Plat (OWE), VA Plat, HH DMD, Accor Plat
A380-800 / 4-Class / W / 38K

This is an exit row window seat in this cabin.

I've now had this seat twice (out of 3 flights in this cabin), and it's fantastic. There is plenty of leg room and if you are a sole traveller you get the benefits of the window (such as a storage bin) and are able to get up without disturbing your neighbour. As you can't reach the seat in front of you, you have a magazine holder mounted alongside the wall.

Some observations are that this seat can get a little bit cold during flight. It is noticeably cooler than other seats in the cabin, but I found this a lot more comfortable. (I'm based in Canberra and do not keep my bedroom heated during winter ).

In some of the seats in this cabin you may find the person behind you grab your seat to get out when you're fully reclined. This isn't an issue in this row as there are no seats behind.

This seat is the last to be served (with 38J) during meal service, but my meal choice was discretely taken before service began so that it could be set aside. This may be at the discretion of the crew and is likely linked to status, so YMMV.

The only problem I had was on one of the flights where people were using the space in front of the seats to mingle - I even had one of them step on my foot and wake me up. The FA soon put a stop to it though.