FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (GONE) UA/AA: ORD-LGA $155.40 ai (134+) on July 10 e-fare: same day turn 3x EQM+RDM
Old Jul 28, 2010, 7:32 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by darksidesith
Can I ask did you get anything under much of 200 dollars for this run in August. I am getting 182 before taxes on bomb site. Yes I am quite the newbie. I was wondering how low can you go if you could successfully book a 6 leg trip one day from ord to lga and back a few. I am thinking 600 dollars for 13194 miles right?
If you look at the first page of the thread, there was a $155 ai efare, that was the lowest. You can hope that fare would come up again look at united.com every tuesday, that's all about it. But even if UA come up with that fare again, you can't really do multiple trips in one day, as not all the flights qualify for that fares. For that particular saturday, out of ORD can only do 1 rt, out of LGA someone however made it for 2 rt.

Also, as someone mentioned, doing multiple trips with very short turns may not do you any good if there is mechanical or weather. Also when the fare is the lowest around tue or wed of the week, that is also high business travel days, there are GS couldn't even get UDU to F on a 757, planes come in and out 100% full, so if there is some kind of delay even because of air traffic (it happens very often to both LGA and ORD, I had an even more odd delay arriving into ORD, there are no gates open to park), once you miss your original flight you may not even be able to get on the next one.