FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:18 am
el_tigre

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sc flier
It would earn points even if it were an advance purchase rate. Advance purchase rate reservations booked on Starwood websites are eligible stays. (Why do so many people keep assuming the worst and thinking that they aren't? )[/LIST]
I know we aren't talking about an advance purchase here, but I took advantage of the $109 Travelzoo promo and it appears the hotel is reluctant to post stay credit and points for anything but incidentals. Apparently the Westin Buckhead is under the impression that this was booked on a third party website. I'm pretty sure I booked this the same way as my previous Travelzoo reservations (which I have always received credit for) where I clicked through Travelzoo onto a Starwood Hotels website with a promo code pre-entered into the special rate plan field. Per the terms and conditions, I'm pretty sure I should receive credit. I already have filed a claim with the CCC so I'm confident this will get straightened out, but if you've taken advantage of this deal (which I thought was very good, btw), you may have difficulty getting the appropriate stay credit and points.

I'll keep the thread updated.

Last edited by el_tigre; Jul 28, 2010 at 11:26 am