FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United and Continental Announce New Leadership Team
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:00 am
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Bonehead
How about non-elites getting the ICC all the time? You have NO IDEA waht a gigantic pain in the rear that is.
I'm sure it is. Though I don't think they're all that bad, either. My dad (CO Elite) was impacted by UA during some cancellations earlier this year, and got accommodated just fine with them. No complaints.

Originally Posted by Bonehead
I refuse to call UA support, which means that I only book UA if I have to. They would be really smart to let we *Gs in to :-: your :-: special call center.
I've never seen an airline pull this off, but it would be a great idea. Even during the NW/DL transition, there was some frustration when DL Elites had to call NW general res when flying NW and vice versa during the transition period.

I'm sure it'll all get worked out over time, but in the interim, but until everything is fully merged, it's generally going to be better to stay on your home carrier as much as possible.

ETA: If CO non-elites start getting India, they will raise hell.
As opposed to "We're unable to take your call at this time. Please visit continental.com and ask Alex your question."

Seriously, though, while we don't know what contracts UA has in place with the ICC, it would be nice if the combined carrier was committed to having USA agents for everyone over time. DL realized their mistake and brought it back in. UA can do the same here.