FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hidden City Risk
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2010, 4:50 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by fastair
How about you find the cheapest itin that you plan on using as you purchased. I mean UA plans to fulfill their end of the agreement, why don't you? The train suggestion works. Honesty and honor should be wroth something to you, or if you are not concerned with what is ethical, then the open jaw seems to be popular, but I don't advocate dishonesty....that is, unless you feel that you should also be defrauded whenever possible, at which point, what goes around comes around in the world of karma.
With all due respect, that is a complete crock.

Originally Posted by mikew99
I agree with this. Please let me know when I can charge UA $150 every time they cancel or change my flight. After all, that's what they charge me when I do the same!

There are no ethical issues with not flying segments paid for (notwithstanding that the airlines represent some of the worst examples of honest and ethical behavior).
+1

Originally Posted by mecabq
I have been involved in many debates about hidden-city ticketing, too, and agree that a passenger is ethically, as well as legally, obligated to fulfill his end of the contract with the airline. Moreover, I believe that it's in all of our interest to do so because undermining airlines' pricing structures may well lead to even more customer-unfriendly tweaks in the future.
I think I'll take my chances. Who knows, we might get a fare structure that makes sense, like WNs. AS also has a pretty good website which shows all the fare options and permits mix and match without having to memorize the playbook.