FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ivy Minneapolis, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Jul 25, 2010, 3:40 pm
tinytina

Programs: SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; UA 1K
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Received the smallest room I have ever gotten there. Superior room on a middle floor. Very dark. Called down for and asked for a possible upgrade. Told no dice even though a better room was on spg.com. was told the room was "out of inventory."

Internet (both wireless and wired) weren't working. Tech came up and he also couldn't get wireless to work on his mobile phone. I didn't have much time as I needed to run to dinner so I wasn't able to get needed work done.

Upon check out, internet was on my bill. When I said that needed to be removed, agent's reply was: "why should it be removed?" When said I was platinum, rely was: "oh, okay." Shouldn't this be automated (and can't you see my status on the computer screen you are staring at)?

Lousy room, technical glitches, mediocre stay. (Great bed, nice shower)
I just had a nice one-night stay here this last weekend. "Upgraded" to a Grand Deluxe (I think?) on 15th floor. I'm sure a nicer room was available but I was too tired to ask.

The wireless wasn't working on my laptop, but it was working on my blackberry. Still, since I couldn't do any work on my blackberry, I went down to their "business center" (one computer in the lobby) to do work. I barely got any time on it because so many people were waiting for it. On my bill, the internet fee was automatically removed.

Love the toiletries and the bed there.