FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Only have a 50 Minute Layover in Hong Kong between flights. Is that sufficient time?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 3:52 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by go4bal
I am flying on an business class award ticket. I am confirmed in business on CX. Since I am flying on a KA Airbus 321 there are only 4 business class seats. They could not confirm business on the KA flights, so I am in economy right now.
I just landed at HKG a few hours ago and thought of your post, so I set my stopwatch to check if my 12 minute estimate was any good. I coincidentally docked at one of the absolute farthest gates today - gate 49. Gates 48-50, and 69-71, due to their location are about as far from gates 1-4 as humanely possible in HKIA (where your LAX flight likely will take off from). This is probably also the longest absolute-distance walk/train ride in HKIA, as it goes from one tip of the airport to the other.

I was seated in row 41 on a CX A330 - presumably it will take longer for my plane today to deplane than yours - and from the time the seatbelt sign turned off until the time I had made it to transit area E2 (right before immigration, and this is also right underneath gates 1-4), it took me just under 17 minutes. I also just missed one of the underground train things, so that would've cut two minutes off if my timing had been more fortuitous. And I was walking slowly, because the handle on my suitcase is broken. So long story short, provided you don't face a painful delay, you'll be fine....just go to the front of the security line in transit if you're delayed and the line is long and explain your situation.