FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tour de France catch-all thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2010, 2:28 am
Efrem
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by BulaRae
... Is getting to and from CDG into Paris on public transportation a real pain in the butt? I've read tons of stuff on what buses and trains here on the forums, but didn't really see anything specific as to time frames and hassle factors. I'll pay for taxis or car service if it's that much easier. I want the easy button rather than the cheap one!! But I've heard and read that Paris traffic is so insane, I wonder how taxis and car services and buses could be worth it or easy? ...
If you want to follow this up, it should probably be in a new thread on getting to/from CDG or in one of the several existing ones on that topic rather than in this one on the Tour.

Still, just wanted to add that, if you have a hotel room in Paris, another option is an airport shuttle van. Your hotel desk can book this for you. Only downside compared to a taxi is perhaps another couple of stops to pick up passengers, and it's much less expensive. If you're not at a hotel you can also book one on your own if you know where you'll be and when. (There are several companies, all about the same.)