FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost Luggage
Thread: Lost Luggage
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2010, 5:42 pm
bmifly

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
Lost Luggage

Following check out I left my luggage with the concierge at a Hilton in London so I was not carrying it with me to a series of meetings. When I returned in the evening the bag could not be found. After examining the CCTV footage it became apparent that my distinctive metallic blue suitcase had been given to other guests collecting several bags on from the luggage store.

The hotel agreed that I should cancel a reservation in another London Hilton for the night and stay at my original hotel. They gave me a standard room and managed to find a charger for my laptop and phone - although no night clothes etc. At 1am I received a call that they had managed to contact the other guests who had my bag and would have it delivered to me by mid-afternoon that day. It has now arrived.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience? Should I expect compensation to the hotel who have clearly admitted liability for 18 hours without my case and a lot of stress particularly as amongst everything was in my case to lighten my load for the day - the sort of electrical gear I'd never send as checked baggage with an airline because it might be lost. You didn't expect bags at the hotel to be lost however!

I think it was luck that I got the bag back. Because of it's colour they could see it on CCTV and the guests leaving were distinctive.

So I'd be interested in views guys.

Thanks,

bmifly