FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking at 3rd Party Sites?
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:51 am
DCBob

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Amarante
BWR, Choice, LQR.

I assume booking a hotel at hotels.com or something of the sort would be prepaid? I really know very little about this and I am new to the hotels for work thing.
You need to go to your hotel program's website and click on the applicable link for earning points to find out. For example, the rules for Best Western are a bit complicated, but they are posted for all to read. If you don't want to do that, then call the toll-free number on your membership card and ask.

Q: How do I earn Best Western RewardsŪ points?

A: Each time you stay at a Best Western hotel at a qualifying rate, you'll earn 10 points for each U.S. dollar (or the equivalent in other currencies) you spend on your room rate excluding tax. Points can also be earned with various Best Western RewardsŪ partners.

Q: What are qualifying rates?

A: All rates qualify for except for the following: --Leisure Club (LC), House Plan (HP), Employee/Member (E), European Employee (EE), Preferred Net (DI/D2), Priceline (PL/PN), Travelocity Promotional (D3), Orbitz Promotional (44), Expedia (FIT), Net/FIT (FI), Travel Agent Discount (TA), Tours (Group Tour Operator), Group (OF/OG), Crew and Deeply Discounted Extended Stay and Hotel Negotiated (greater than 20 percent discount), GCCI (FX), Dynamic Net Tour (X2), Dynamic Vacation Packages (WB), Amenity Packages, Unit Card (UC), Site 59 (59) and other locally negotiated hotel discount rates for crew or extended stays for longer than one week.