FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic F Wine Shortage?
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:14 pm
DCAstudent

Originally Posted by trojanman
In dozens of flights in both F & J cabins over the last couple years I have never once had my first choice of wine or spirit run dry. Now my first choice in food....
I've had almost the same luck. The only flight I've seen consistently run out of liquor has been the final DFW-DCA flight, which generally leaves between 8:45 and 9:30. The last time I took it there was no shortage of white or red, but they ran out of sparkling, Bailey's, scotch, Amaretto, and courvoisier.

DFW-DCA is usually catered with three splits of sparkling and unless I'm on that final flight, I have never seen all three taken.

As for international, I've only seen the tap run dry once. In 2006 on a MGA-MIA flight, they ran out of champagne. The purser said that four bottles (not splits) had been catered in Miami, but he used one per flight for pre-departure drinks, and the other two had been used by a family celebrating their son's graduation from B-school and return to Nicaragua on the MIA-MGA sector. For what it's worth, he claimed in all of his flying for AA and Eastern (BOG-based), he had never used up all the bubbles.

Like others have said, I don't see an indication of a shortage.