FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Expands NYC Service, Announces "Partnership" with JetBlue / B6 (consolidated)
Old Jul 23, 2010, 1:25 pm
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by jfernandez
Trying to re-rail the thread...

I have to travel from NYC to RSW in early October. Obviously I can do something via MIA, and even ORD and DFW if I want, but I'd be thrilled to go JFK-RSW on B6 if I can get AA EQM's (if I can't, I do it on AA for sure).

What should I do? I need to book within the next week (company rules, sigh), but would hate to miss out on some miles.

Thoughts?
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

My impression from the releases thus far, and I may be wrong, is that codeshares will only be offered for specific B6-AA connecting flights and not otherwise for B6 flights. Also, it is not clear that EQMs will be earned, all the releases say are "miles".

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Americ....html?x=0&.v=1
American and JetBlue also announced today that they have agreed to begin a frequent flyer relationship later this year. Members of American's AAdvantageŽ program and JetBlue's TrueBlueŽ customer loyalty program will be able to earn AAdvantage miles or TrueBlue points, respectively, when they fly only on the cooperative interline routes listed below.