FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta $250 Change Fees
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:07 pm
MikeMpls
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by AJDelvarno
If, when you re-checked the fare, it had gone up to $1500, would you be posting here to ask how you go about sending the additional $125 to Delta? Didn't think so...

Fare changes happen.
And on the only airline that is consistently profitable (and has been for over 30 years) I am always taking advantage of opportunities to refare our tickets, typically recovering > $1K annually in fare costs with no change fees. Delta & the other legacy carriers have yet to learn that gouging customers with fees does not engender long-term loyalty from customers.

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
The Wing of Satan appreciates your tithing.

Originally Posted by fti
Well, with some places of business, yes you can ask them for the difference:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electron...at107400050005

But in the airline business, only Southwest (that I am aware of) offers a penalty-free credit when the fare drops if you buy non-refundable tickets.

Target will refund price differences for 14 days after your purchase, and Barnes & Noble recently made a similar adjustment for some customers. Interesting though that you should cite Best Buy -- the former head of WorldPerks is now running Best Buy's loyalty program.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 22, 2010 at 3:18 pm