FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:26 pm
atldlff

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Not sure I will be able to make it due to some work stuff. But if I can, this will be the best. fieldtrip. ever.
Uhh mmmmm... I don't believe you're NOT being there is an option that I will consider. You have plenty of time to get that work stuff worked out. If you need a permission slip, let me know.

Originally Posted by Tomphot
I know the registration asked how we would like our name badge to read - how did everyone do this last year - do you automatically have screen names added to what ever we want on our badge or do we have to request it?
We asked how your would like your name badge to read as some people wanted to have a different name listed on their badge than their legal name, i.e. Bill instead of William, Chris instead of Christopher, etc. Your FlyerTalk "handle" or Username that you provided during your registration process will also be on your badge as that is how most of the other FlyerTalk members will recognize who you are. So yes, your screen name on FT will automatically on your badge. Canarsie has developed a draft version of those badges and they look very COOL...

BTW... If you didn't provide your legal name, i.e. the name that appears on your Government issued ID (just like TSA), you will need to update your registration. Your Visitor Badge MUST match your ID for the FAA secure areas of the airport.

Before anyone asks - I got this question several times last year, no we are not providing a "cross" reference list of First and Last name along with FT name to Delta. I will say, that even if we did, I personally don't see that as an issue. Delta knows my FT handle along with my real name, phone number, email, along with other details, and so far, they are still letting me on their planes, and do return my phone calls and emails.

Originally Posted by ifette
Re: museum gift shop, I really wish I could get more NWA silverware. I used to have a full set (I borrowed one from one of the last NW flights, figured they wouldn't be missed but happy to send in a check if I was wrong), made it out of the airport, but then got screwed as I forgot to place them in checked luggage for the return journey. Doh! So now I am short a knife...

(never really understood the logic of TSA taking away something that was "given" to me on a plane...)
I have certainly been accused of being short of a lot of things, but I have never been short a knife.

We can certainly check and see if the Museum has any NWA silverware. Paging WesNSpace! What did they do with all that leftover flatware, it has to be somewhere ?!?

Glad to hear that in-flight can finally solve the mystery of that missing flatware! I am willing to bet you can keep that as gratis...