FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:43 pm
jschner

Originally Posted by Pup
So you don't think people doing this are actually stupid or dumb, they may have just lost sight of real life values?
Pup – this is off topic again and I apologize to those forced to suffer through it - - - but that's not at all what I think of people doing this (and you know I never said that). Not even the "legendary" MrP has dedicated/devoted his life to this, has he?

But the fact that it's possible in life to lose sight of real values is definitely one of the messages of Up in the Air. And that message is delivered by the film in a highly exaggerated, FF context.

I recommend you watch it if you haven't already. It's really good, almost won an Academy Award for George Clooney in fact, and I suspect any FTer will enjoy it. But unlike real FTers, the Clooney character never goes home (doesn't even have one in fact), always travels, and his entire life literally revolves around points, flyer status, etc.

It's not realistic of course - but a good metaphor for how we can get too caught up in something, anything.

But, and the reason I mentioned this film in the previous off topic post, is that folks who do this stuff are perceived as being very, very smart.