FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How did another passenger get in the middle of our families upgrade queue?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 8:47 am
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beerup
It's not time of purchase, it's time of upgrade request. Is it not possible that while the OP was on the phone to AA, splitting the PNR and making the individual upgrade requests, that "Other Passenger" (presumably also EXP) requested an upgrade? Since the splitting of the PNRs and individual upgrade requests are a manual process by the AAgent, it is certainly conceivable that the five upgrade requests have different time stamps. In the unlikely event that someone else's upgrade request happens to be after family member #1 but before family member #5 then they should be between #1 and #5 on the upgrade list. I'm not saying that's necessarily how it happened in this case, but it's a feasible and legitimate way that it could happen.
If it was done the way you say, yes, that's possible. But if the upgrades were requested at the time of purchase, then when the record is split, the upgrade request time should carry over from the original record. If it was done that way, I don't know why the request time didn't carry over, seems like operator error to me.