FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:06 pm
DealDetective

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
DealDetective, my heart sank as I read the account of your stay. Did you talk to the Front Desk Manager as to whether any other room assignments might allow you access to your teens, while giving you better views? Was there nothing at all that they could do for you? It seems as though putting all four of you in a townhouse - or even one of the timeshare units - would have been better than the dregs that you got.
Thanks for your concern. We did investigate other options after the first night, but I felt the search was limited to rooms in our "category." There would have been trade-offs with even closer proximity to the highway noise and more stairs to climb and the rest of the family didn't really want to hassle with moving. (Of course, the kids were in the "better" of the 2 rooms!) I specifically asked about room 512 which is close to 515 and would have allowed us to move and leave the kids in place, but was told it was not available. Interestingly, it appeared to be vacant for the remainder of our stay. In fact, it was offered to us to move to in the middle of the night when they couldn't shut off the fire alarm.