FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaiian or United Airlines, Which would you prefer?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:12 pm
twospirits

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Depends - what's more important, miles or comfort/service?
Both But if I had to choose one it would be miles. Since I usually get Economy Plus seats on United and Hawaiian doesn't have that. But from what I remember using Hawaiian, I did feel comfortable.
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I just flew the Hawaiian 767 from SEA to OGG - very comfortable seats (if legroom is an issue, you can $25 for an exit row), decent inflight entertainment, free beverages (3 passes during the flight), free food with optional paid upgrades and rental video units if you're not happy with the free inflight entertainment.

The aircraft is spotless (a 767-300 with winglets and Boeing's new-style 'wave' interior) and you're flying Hawaiian - you're in the mood before even leaving the ground in CA.

So - all things being equal (cost/flight time) and earning miles aside, I'd take Hawaiian. If you need the UA miles, then that is your only option from SFO.

One thing to consider - Hawaiian flies from SJC as well, and you should check those flights to compare.
Yeah, I will be looking at all the available departure cities in the Bay Area. Thanks for pointing that out. Since its just me and my lover we like to have the the seat configurations of the 767 (2-3-2), and 777 (2-5-2), so I will check both airlines out on Seat Guru to see which one is offered.

Of course, I could just go from SFO down to LAX and then fly to HNL from there.