FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disgrace at ARN??
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:32 am
Stizzack

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by RedChili
That Saturday was an absolute mess at Arlanda. ALL the baggage conveyor belts in the departure hall were out of order! There were huge delays and total chaos all over the place. Flights couldn't take off on time, which meant that gates were blocked and some arriving flights couldn't dock at their gates. The SAS flight arriving from ORD spent one hour waiting on the taxi way for a gate due to this problem.

The funny thing with your post is that a passenger who normally flies SK, but who on this specific day chose to fly CO, may very well have exactly the same reaction as you, but with opposite airlines: "I'll never fly CO again! Their check-in is a big mess. I'll stick with SK."
That's why I asked if it was a one off. However, my guess is somebody on Business class that morning on CO did not wait 45 minutes in line to check in, but rather was checked in swiftly and waited out the delays in the lounge (a far more preferable situation). 2 checkin desks for EBG/Siver/J/Y+ with 2 330s leaving within 25 minutes of each other seems like a stretch IMHO.... I mean this is a SK base. BTW, the Business Class bagdrop line was chaos, but this is explained by your comments about the baggage belt I would assume.

Side note, I was unable to check in earlier this year at the kiosks for a USA flight as I have to use my US passport info. Is it not possible to check in with a US passport at the kiosk, or was it that some on the reservation were not US passport holders?