FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:18 pm
SkinsFan0521

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by kman73
I recently bought $1K of Native American coins from the mint. I've bought coins many times before, but now the charge is appearing differently on my AMEX credit card.

The charge used to be worded "US MINT COIN SALES". My recent charge though, is now worded "OFC DOLLAR COIN", and if the "+" on the left column is clicked it shows in detail "US MINT CIRCULATING DOLLAR COIN SALES"

Seems like the Mint is trying to bring this to the attention of the credit card companies.

Watch out everyone. We don't need no cash advances

K
Yeah, that started happening about a month or so ago (maybe only a few weeks, but I don't remember for sure) on my AMEX & Chase statements. I'm sure that it's going to really start biting some people (hopefully not me! haha) now that there is no argument about what exactly is being bought.

I'm sure this is one of the measures that the Mint is taking to try and limit people from abusing the program. This is also why you've got to have a whole seperate cart & checkout if you're ordering dollar coins. You can no longer have mixed purchases on the same order.