FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:10 pm
learningtime

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Fidelity is definitely becoming more stringent with their AA miles. My wife has Roth IRA mutual fund account with them. She wanted to openned the brokerage account with them and qualify for this offer. Initially, they todl her that she will recieve these miles. A month went by, and she asked again,t hey started to say "no". After about 4 weeks of back and forth, they basically are not willing to giver her 15,000 AA miles for $10,000 deposit. She called 4 times now, every time is the same story -- they say she had a Roth IRA, and that does not qualify her.

It's a bit upsetting as it is not a "retail brokerage account" as they described in T&C, she cannot actually buy any individual stocks in her Roth IRA account. I'd like to write a letter, but not sure who the EVP or VP of their customer service would be... they are not a public company, I have hard time finding the right person to send it to (CEO does not seem appropriate for this). Would anyone know? Any help would be great.

Thank you,

PedroNY
That is annoying. No way is a ROTH account a retail brokerage account.