FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: oneworld / Explorer Awards Using AA Miles info
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:39 am
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Folks. I am trying to make a booking of NYC-LON-MLE. Basically looking at JFK-LHR on AA, then LGW-MLE on BA (or if the anti-trust passes quickly we may even get to do JFK-LHR on BA).

Anyway using all-partner awards this is going to cost us 135k miles each (x4 of us). On the other hand a 9k one world award would be a very significant 80k miles each so a full 55k x 4 cheaper.

Problem is the two non-AA airline requirement. Any tips on how to work around this? I was thinking maybe make a detour to MAD on Iberia, then go back to MAN and fly to NYC that way. But availability from MAN is poor and it tends to just reroute through LHR which I think will break the passing through same city rule again.

Any creative suggestions on getting around this limit? 220k miles is a big difference

WOW I am sorry - I am being a dumb***! I was thinking of OW mileage. This routing would be in the 18-20k total mileage, so 130k miles in biz... so may as well stick with the all partner award... so have to do some more aa mile saving Sorry for the stupid questions

Last edited by ma91pmh; Jul 10, 2010 at 12:09 pm