FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wrecked Car Can They Ruin My Credit Rating
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:04 pm
jayer

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by Fallguy007
If this where to happen and I disputed any of the charges my personal insurance would not pay and call b.s. on (diminished value, loss of use, admin fees) can they pop my credit rating bad without a legal judgement first.

Anyone encountered this.

Without going into the details, our experience with Thrifty after a small-dollar disputed incident made me swear them off forever.

Out of the blue and before any written contact was make Mrs. Jayer got a very aggressive and threatening call demanding immediate over the phone payment by their choice of credit cards or the caller would see to it that the credit record was dinged and we were blacklisted from ever renting a car again. Insurance would have paid more if they would have documented loss of use, which they refused to even try and provide, or waive since they didn't want to document.

We rent 30 cars a year and decided to pay them to go away, which I suppose amounts to caving in to a bully. The absurd part is the amount they were going nuclear over was no more than they would make off of a next rental, which is now quite unlikely to ever happen.