FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:55 am
Barefootdr

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Originally Posted by spgflyer
Barefootdr: I'm SPG Gold, so we're planning to upgrade with points for exec level privileges. We've also decided to opt for a "family room" with four beds rather than the Japanese style rooms, since in the latter they can only provide 3 futons and there are 4 of us. So we'll be using extra points for that upgrade from the regular C&P rate as well. Still comes out to be fewer points than a room paid exclusively through points, and that way hopefully all of us can eat in the hotel restaurant and use the pool. I'm not sure what floor the family rooms are on but hopefully they're recently renovated!
As far as I know, there are only a couple of the 'family rooms' at this property- I know of 2 that are on 10th & 11th floors respectively, and are in the renovated section. My wife has stayed in them a few times with her girlfriends and likes the lay out with a very big flat screen TV.
FYI* they have opened the outside kiddy/wading pool on the 3rd floor roof now in addition to the indoor lap pool.

When will you be there? Perhaps we can meet up at MoonLight (the Miyako Bar) and I can suggest some things for your family to see in Kyoto. I'm in town for the next 2 weeks then off to the States...