FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:33 am
spgflyer

Programs: United, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Barefootdr
spgflyer...are you a P level member?

Was just there last weekend, I'm a P and the coupons the gave for breakfast are good in either the 10th floor exec lounge ( great view-food is very limited) or Aqua Blu rest on the 2nd floor ( very nice buffet; western & Japanese styles)

If you are P you will get breakfast coupons, evening cocktail/ light food access to exec lounge from 5:30~7:30PM and swimming pool/fitness pass. So you don't need to be on executive level floor for these extras if you are a P...but executive floor rooms might be a little better then standard if you want to secure such a room before arriving by using more C&P as you posted earlier.

Hope this info helps you. Any other Questions about this property please ask as I've stayed there many times over many years.
Barefootdr: I'm SPG Gold, so we're planning to upgrade with points for exec level privileges. We've also decided to opt for a "family room" with four beds rather than the Japanese style rooms, since in the latter they can only provide 3 futons and there are 4 of us. So we'll be using extra points for that upgrade from the regular C&P rate as well. Still comes out to be fewer points than a room paid exclusively through points, and that way hopefully all of us can eat in the hotel restaurant and use the pool. I'm not sure what floor the family rooms are on but hopefully they're recently renovated!