FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why are Delta's SkyMiles called SkyPesos?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 7:16 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mosu84
I think Happy is just frustrated because this exact thread seems to be created at least once a month on this board. On the SkyMiles board, there's one of these threads almost daily. In a few days, this thread will drift to the 2nd page and then someone new will come in and create this exact thread again.
Yup. If anyone would use a search function first before starting a new thread, we would have a lot less repetitive questions / redundant threads on FT...

Originally Posted by mosu84
I
Delta is almost certainly aware of the problem. Ignoring for a second that Delta employees post on the SkyMiles board, Delta surely knows what its competitors' frequent flyer programs offer compared to its own. I'm not really sure what an email would accomplish. The only thing that would really cause Delta to change would be a mass exodus of its frequent flyers, but I just don't see that happening in the immediate future.
DL runs a business, doesn't it? It would be unimaginable that a business does not know customers complaints for such long period. The reason why DL would not change / improve its program is precisely what you allude to - there is no exodus of its most loyal frequent flyers.

DL elites would not leave the program because the domestic products are good and the upgrades for elites are excellent, plus much more award inventories open to top elites. If one thinks one's travel pattern / credit card spending / ability to unearth exceptional miles earning opportunities, etc etc would propel one to DL elite, then it is really a no brainer choice to go with DL and achieve the top elite status as soon as possible. Else, it makes sense to look at other programs and dont sweat with the 10, 20K DL miles sitting in the accounts. It would be wishful thinking that DL program would make a 180 degree change in any foreseeable future.

I honestly think jpdx's post is an excellent signpost to help anyone who needs to make a decision whether to make DL his main program. mooper's multiple posts also give good info about what work with the program. If these posts are still considered not having enough info to help a person to make a choice, then may be flipping a coin would do it.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 8, 2010 at 7:21 pm