FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You're SomeOne Special Program (SOS) - Discontinued [merged]
Old Nov 14, 2002, 12:03 am
CharlesMD
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
So it seems to me that the options are:

1: Start our own SOS campaign using some kind of .pdf download, which jiggs has volunteered to host on the web.

2: Start a letter writing campaign

3: Do both.

* So are we going to do a form letter or everyone write individual letters? One thing we could do is to all write letters and enclose a sample SOS to say we are serious! Another hilarious way to get AA's attention would be to each enclose a get out of hell free cards saying "whoever decided to end SOS is going to need this!"

* What do people think if we wrote the letters to Carty and put "personal" on the front of the envelope?

* Maybe we could get the press involved in this? I.e. disgruntled travellers invent own employee recognition program after AA cancels?

* I don't have the software to author .pdf files. What about if we scanned in one of the old "SOS" forms and then replaced the "American" part with "Flyertalk"? (This of course raises all kinds of copyright questions). Any volunteers? If someone does the SOS forms, I'll try to draft a sample letter.