FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Website Problems/Issues thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2010, 6:33 pm
Air NZ Online
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by vintyma
Hi Paul. You're just the person I was looking for. My husband and I are going to NZ for our honeymoon in end Oct/early November, flying IAD to AKL and stopping over in SYD on our return. We're happy that our holiday is within the time period of your sale fare, but we were very disappointed to learn that we would not earn any points except on the IAD-LAX leg.
That sucks big time. It's such a long journey and not to earn any points seems such a lot to forgo. Any suggestions? We can only afford to fly economy.
Thanks,
Vineeta
Hi Vineeta,

I see other followers of this forum have offered good advice on how you could earn UA or US miles on your trip - this is a very helpful bunch!

Originally Posted by brenrox
I would imagine he will tell you something along the lines of join air new zealand airpoints
That's not such a bad idea. While you may not have any need to use the Airpoints for more Air NZ flights in the next few years, you may be able to earn enough to redeem on a UA, US or CO flight instead. If you want to join Airpoints, send me an email and I can give you a promo code to waive the regular NZD $50 per person joining fee.

Whatever you decide to do, best wishes for your upcoming wedding and have a sensational honeymoon down under! And we'd love to see you travel with Air New Zealand.