FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi fraud procedures and experiences [Consolidated]
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:57 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UPDATE

To facilitate future search on this topic.

1) Signed Declaration Form of Unauthorized use together with copy of Account Activity were faxed to Citi Security Services Dept on June 30,
Wednesday afternoon. Hard copies mailed on July 7th, Tuesday after long weekend.

2) Replacement cards arrived on July 2nd Saturday.

3) Today July 7th Wednesday, Fraudulent charges shown on closed card with description "Security Write Off - Dispute. All line items are transferred to replacement card which now have description of "Security credit - Item under Investigation".

I imagine once the investigation is finalized Citi would send me a written notification of such with the "Security credit" become permanent. This should happen within 30 days after Declaration Form is faxed back according to the Customer Service rep at the Citibank No.1-866-517-5347.

I strongly recommend if anyone has ever had similar issue after initially talked to Citi Security Dept, uses the Citibank customer service number listed above, (5348 also works too) instead of the number at the back of your card because in many cases the number at the back of your card leads to offshore call centers with CSRs have no clue on what is going on.