FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Indigo airline sucks
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:51 am
fanofflying

Programs: American exec platinum, marriot platinum, radisson gold
Originally Posted by saad
this is the risk you take when you fly with a lcc....none of the airlines will put you on another flight....doesn't matter if its in india or anywhere else....if they cancel a flight then they will either put you on another one of their flights or refund the amount....
i dont know about Indian airlines, but i know for a fact that airlines in the US have the ability to put you in other airlines. Both US airways & american airlines were able to put me on another flight when their flights were cancelled. They had the appropriate mechanism to do it.

i understand that I booked on makemytrip. But, makemytrip did not cancel my ticket. It was Indigo who cancelled it. I shouldnt have to waste more time in trying to get my funds back when it was indigo's mistake.

My point is that they should have the appropriate mechanisms & partnerships created to deal with such situations.

I have been in tons of situations where airlines have put me in a bad position. But I've never come across any agents who were rude and unapologetic for their mistakes.
they maybe one of the better airlines. But they cannot use that as an excuse to treat customers badly. Besides, no customer has to put up with bad treatment just because it was a stellar airline. After all, smart airlines should be able to learn from such complaints and improve.