FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:11 am
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by r.brown
I have always joked around with friends about how bad it would be if I was carrying a bunch of coins in my trunk and I got rear ended...

Well guess what happened today!!! Luckily the coins stayed in the box and not all over the road.

Wow, hope you're okay! I've had the same though a few times about "coins everywhere on the road". I remember a story probably 10 years ago where a Brinks-type truck was in an accident & coins were scattered everywhere on the highway. It was on an overpass, so lots of coins down below.

Originally Posted by deant
The coins in the trunk of my car were worth more than the car.
My wife has brought that to my attention a few times and she's very uncomfortable with that scenario.

Originally Posted by lukeswenson
1. Anyone have bank recommendations? I'm not making the bank im at deal with the coins so im just goign to create an account at another bank for the coin work. BOA, US bank, etc?
With the limited amount of coins that can be ordered now, is the 1k at your bank really a big burden?

To answer your question, I'd say that whatever bank is closest to you is best... maybe even whatever one (or few) have multiple branches so you don't p!ss them off too much, too soon.

Originally Posted by lukeswenson
2. I have read here that the 4box limit is per card, and per home... can anyone verify which that is? and can you ship to different addresses? ie my office and home?
Mixed reports. I don't think there is a definitive answer for that question. Just try and see what works (or doesn't) for you.