FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Husband's 30th Birthday...where to stay?????
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:36 pm
lands

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
- protein/produce spoil
- full size bottles of white wine and champagne, batches of beer in bottles or cans
- full size pies/cakes/etc
- ice cream etc in freezer
- for those that drink water cold - large batches of water

were not even getting into "theoretical" here, just fairly ordinary possibilities.
OK, you're trying to make me laugh now, right?

And of course you could fit everything you mentioned but the pies and cake in a mini-fridge. I've gotten one many times in LV. And I won't even mention the ice bucket.

Sorry, I just get a kick out of the all out pitch for the fridge. My original comment was "Maybe it's just me, but if you don't have a kid and are 30 yrs old, what in the hell do you need a full size fridge and a freezer for in Vegas?"

Granted, if you've got a full size cake or pie or have a bunch of precooked meals then you need it.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
value judgments are one thing, but arguing there is NO use gets nowhere.
and again, why negate kitchen rather than talking about amazing features at other properties?
Never said that there was no value, just questioning whether they need it as much as they think. And if the trade off of staying off the strip to get it is worth it vs a strip view at the Wynn...

I'm now going to find a hammer and hit myself with it as I realize I've spent this much time discussing the merits of a fridge.