FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]
Old Jun 30, 2010, 3:00 pm
sc flier

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by mrredskin
"As an added bonus, get free parking ($30 daily value) and an upgrade to the club-level floor ($50 value), where perks include free breakfast and evening appetizers."
Since the offer is for a room that includes an upgrade to club-level, you should expect that a reservation for a traditional room should get you the same thing. To be more certain that a mistake doesn't happen due to overselling the club-level, I'd book the Club room for the same price.

I assume this earns points since it's not an advance purchase rate, and able to be cancelled up to a day before arrival.
It would earn points even if it were an advance purchase rate. Advance purchase rate reservations booked on Starwood websites are eligible stays. (Why do so many people keep assuming the worst and thinking that they aren't? )

I ran across this offer a little while ago and was going to post it here on FT. Instead, I found that it had already been posted here in the property's Master Thread. Is it just me, or do others agree that a better place to post such deals would be in new threads in the forum? It seems like they would be seen by more FTers who do not normally follow every detail of a particular property. For good Travelzoo offers, I usually create a new thread like this...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ight=travelzoo

Anyway, I'll add this info about this $99+ Westin Buckhead Travelzoo promo:
  • Book by July 7.
  • The Club Lounge will be closed July 5-12; breakfast will be in The Palm restaurant.