FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AOne4 queries (mainly lounge related)
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:45 am
explorer13

Programs: Qantas (P1)(now LTGwohhhh), Singapore, United, AIRNZ,SPG corporate member, ShangriLa Golden circle
Originally Posted by Flying Prof
I’m doing an AOne4 starting in AKL in August and I’ve got a few points I’d like some help/advice on. I’ve lumped them all together in this thread rather than starting separate threads so I hope the mods approve.

The first questions are re LAX. About 15 years ago I said I’d rather go via hell than via LAX and I’ve managed to keep to this until now. In fact, I haven’t been near the US since 2000. Previously I’ve managed to avoid the US by going via SCL but LA has dropped F class on this route. QF has gone to 2-class on SYD-EZE so, having no choice other than to go via the US, I’ve decided to go see some friends in Texas. Anyway, I’m on QF11 and I gather it arrives at TBIT and I then have to get to T4 for the flight to DFW. So, how long to get from TBIT to T4? It seems to be close enough to walk. When I get to T4 I presume there are AA lounges but it’s so long since I’ve been on AA I can’t even remember what their lounges are called! Can someone please remind me and tell me the distinctions?

Next question is US immigration related. There is a thread on the BA forum (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-us-lax.html) saying green forms are no longer required for LAX. Does this apply only to flights from the UK?

From DFW I fly on BA to LHR. Does BA have a lounge at DFW or does one use AA?

Finally, after some travelling around Europe, I fly LHR-SIN on QF32. I haven’t flown QF out of LHR since the move to T3 so I don’t know what the lounge situation is. Is there a separate QF lounge at T3 and, if so, what’s it like?

All comments and info greatly appreciated.

Perhaps taking each question in turn,

QF11 does land in TBIT, very short walk to terminal 4 for AA, immigration then pick up bags then customs then drop bag before leaving TBIT walk to T4. I did this last month in 1st and took about 20 minutes plane to lounge.

The main lounge is the Admirals Club, travelling first into the US you will be able to use the Flagship lounge.

You will definately have to have a visa waiver completed and give to immigration on the way in. (I94W...I think it is called). I reiterate when I went through there last month, no queue for anything really!!

Can't add anything re LHR sorry.

Last edited by explorer13; Jun 30, 2010 at 12:46 am Reason: added info