FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AOne4 queries (mainly lounge related)
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:27 am
Flying Prof

Programs: QF LTG, NZ Silver, CX
AOne4 queries (mainly lounge related)

I’m doing an AOne4 starting in AKL in August and I’ve got a few points I’d like some help/advice on. I’ve lumped them all together in this thread rather than starting separate threads so I hope the mods approve.

The first questions are re LAX. About 15 years ago I said I’d rather go via hell than via LAX and I’ve managed to keep to this until now. In fact, I haven’t been near the US since 2000. Previously I’ve managed to avoid the US by going via SCL but LA has dropped F class on this route. QF has gone to 2-class on SYD-EZE so, having no choice other than to go via the US, I’ve decided to go see some friends in Texas. Anyway, I’m on QF11 and I gather it arrives at TBIT and I then have to get to T4 for the flight to DFW. So, how long to get from TBIT to T4? It seems to be close enough to walk. When I get to T4 I presume there are AA lounges but it’s so long since I’ve been on AA I can’t even remember what their lounges are called! Can someone please remind me and tell me the distinctions?

Next question is US immigration related. There is a thread on the BA forum (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-us-lax.html) saying green forms are no longer required for LAX. Does this apply only to flights from the UK?

From DFW I fly on BA to LHR. Does BA have a lounge at DFW or does one use AA?

Finally, after some travelling around Europe, I fly LHR-SIN on QF32. I haven’t flown QF out of LHR since the move to T3 so I don’t know what the lounge situation is. Is there a separate QF lounge at T3 and, if so, what’s it like?

All comments and info greatly appreciated.