FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Oz Fest #8" – Darwin Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 27-29, 2011
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:01 pm
ozflygirl747

Programs: QF
Arrow USA to Australia flight details updated in post #35 page 3

Morning folks & evening if you're in the US. I've just updated post #35 on page 3 with flight details to Australia from the US for UA/DL/QF/AA.

We're now approaching the witching hour ie 330 days prior to OzFest8 for f/flyer awards & redemptions.

Via the South Pacific is the most often way of getting down under & I'm sure the option for those just able to have the Memorial Day Holiday away however there are some options via Asia for everyone irrespective of their allegiances to OneWorld Star Alliance or Skyteam.

I'll address these in a separate post but below are some ideas of what is possible:

Cathay Pacific (CX) USA to HKG to SYD/MEL/BNE/ADL/PER then ex Australian gateway city to DRW.

Singapore Airlines (SQ) Option 1. USA to SIN to SYD/MEL/BNE/ADL/PER then ex Australian gateway city to DRW. Option 2 USA to SIN then purchasing a fare on JQ58 SIN/DRW & JQ57 DRW/SIN or using a f/flyer redemption on QF codeshare flight QF272 SIN/DRW & QF271 DRW/SIN operated by JQ.

Thai Airways (TG) USA to BKK to SYD/MEL/BNE/PER then ex Australian gateway city to DRW.

Malaysia Airlines (MH) USA to KUL to SYD/MEL/BNE/ADL/PER then ex Australian gateway city to DRW.

Vietnam Airlines (VN) Option 1 USA to SGN to SYD/MEL then ex Australian gateway city to DRW. Option 2 USA to SGN stopover then SGN/DRW on JQ74 & DRW/SGN on JQ73 purchasing a fare or using a f/flyer redemption on QF codeshare flight QF260 & DRW/SGN QF259 operated by JQ.

I'm sure the possibilities are endless but I look forward to hearing everyone's different options as it shows fellow FTers what's possible.

Cheers

Oz