FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Blocking Skyteam partners!
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:53 pm
planecrazy63

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
Originally Posted by NICEDUDE66
I've been bashing my head against the wall for months in a failed attempt to get a flight to Europe over christmas. Delta simply never has anything, even to CDG let alone on to the my desired final airport in Germany.

I am also a member of Air France's FlyingBlue program, and they do show plenty of award seats available for the flights I am interested in.

While we all know Delta has the worst availability on their own aircraft, it seems that they are also blocking access to their alliance partners, in this case Air France. United has already admitted to blocking availability with their partners in the Star alliance already. Though at least their availability is over 50% compared to Delta's 15% or less.

It is my guess that Delta is blocking access to their partners for award tickets. Now I will admit that in my case I have not done a scientific study of hundreds of routes and such.

What are others experiences on booking Skypesos with partner airlines?
I believe this is just the online system doesn't show all partners availability. Calling in usually gets you what you need.