FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:39 pm
chemist661
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by aktchi
chemist661: Definitely start July 16 because all four trips will qualify for the challenge. However, some crucial info missing from your post First, what is the booking code of the July 17 flight (IOW do you get 0.5 or 1 pt/mile)? Second, do you have gold status now? If so, you'd get 500 miles minimum per flight, but not otherwise. Finally, LAX-ORD-FNT-ORD-FNT is 2413 miles, not 3935 you are expecting. Unless you forgot a LAX at the end.

Pay attention to these points and recalculate carefully. If you are coming up with fewer than 10,025 points, check with AA what their mileage charts say. If less than 10K, plan a MR. If your July trip is 0.5 pt/mile, you can also check with AA how much extra would it cost to upfare it to 1 pt/mile. Good luck.
Thank you for pointing out my mistakes. I edited my post with the corrections. LAX-ORD-FNT-ORD-FNT is instead LAX-ORD-FNT-ORD-LAX. The July ticket is Q class. That was the inexpensive LAX-HNL fare posted yesterday. I can check with AA to see what the upfare is but it may be very expensive.

I have no status. I used to be Platium & for 1 year Exec Plat.
I just booked some tickets where I wanted to go. (and some cases, were very cheap).

I am going with the July 16 as the challenge date. I purchased the Hawaii trip plus I just bought a SNA-DFW-BOS-DFW-SNA ticket (I'm bringing my wife on this trip) for late September for $259pp all in. I will be way over 10K points for the challenge.

Thank you for your advice.

Last edited by chemist661; Jun 23, 2010 at 11:28 pm Reason: add updated info.