FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great Experience Today with Award Miles
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2002, 11:41 pm
LLZ

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fredmartens:
AA was extremely good to me some years back as a lowly non-elite when a family member passed away and I needed to book an AAnytime award. The last minute $$ were waived and I was put on a plane immediately to ORD to attend the funeral. It meant everything to me and my family to be able to do this. It's one of the many reasons that I am loyal to AA today and have been for over 20 years.

Regardless of the financial situation many of our favorite carriers are in, moments like these remind us that these corporations employ folks that have families just like we do...and respond with generosity when we need them.

LLZ, family is everything. All good wishes and prayers, hoping that everything turns out for the best.
</font>
Thank you both krejcij and fredmartens. This does mean a lot to both of us and I'm glad AA is honoring and facilitating their part of the deal for my continued business...makes it much easier to try and bring some happiness to a loved-one that is in a bad situation (not that we're giving up hope!)