FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate Agent Shenanigans
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:41 pm
4now

I am late to the frequent flyer game; and still new to it..
I appreciate posts and threads like this, because they let me know how things really are.
I first made Elite status last year, just before my big vacation to Arizona. I understood that there was no guarantee that I could get an upgrade; but on my flight home I was there 40 minutes early to inquire. The GA claimed no knowledge of any such benefit to Elite passengers. She might have well as said,"Business Class is full."; because the result was the same...no seat up front for me.
I have actually received very little benefit from being an Elite. But. I expect to be leisure travelling alot through 2016,( assuming the world doesn't come to it's end in 2012. ). The stars are not in proper alignment in the heavens for me to be flying Delta right now; so I'll be doing a run before the end of the month, utilizing the B2B promotion to try to hold onto my Elite status for another year.
But, if it doesn't happen; I'll remind myself that what is important to me is really Airtran's on-time arrivals and the low price.