FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate Agent Shenanigans
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:37 pm
plagwate

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by 4now
Haha; you must have been flying Airtran!

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread started on "the Most Unpleasant Airtran GAs ...". Of course, it's a occupational hazard they get from dealing with all of us customers.
You were brighter than most, to try to enlist the aid of a Customer Service Agent; but they were clearly playing favorites. I bet if that pilot had known a paying customer wanted that seat, he would have graciously insisted that you have that seat. Pilots are smart like that.
The upgrade shenanigans are played on all of the airlines. Go over to the Delta Skymiles Forum and you'll see an ongoing string documenting this kind of gameplay. You know, the scenario of confronting the off-duty pilot and FA did cross my mind but in these days of crews wielding and abusing their FAA-granted authority, I thought it better not to risk being thrown off my flight. But I'm also a true believer in karma. When I got home from this weekend, I discovered that Delta had status-matched me to Silver Medallion. My Elite status on FL is already renewed for the year so I might give DL a try for these next few trips to see if I can maintain Medallion status there as well.

Last edited by plagwate; Jun 21, 2010 at 7:42 pm