FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tickets got cheaper after already purchased....
Old Jun 20, 2010, 3:16 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by shebjo
A couple of weeks ago I called Jetblue and received the credit because the price went down. I am flying from JFK to SRQ in August and purchased 4 one-way tickets a while ago. The price went down $25 per ticket so I was expecting a total credit of $100 ($25* 4) but got more. The Jetblue rep said she found even cheaper rates and so I got a total of $200 in credits ($50 credit per person) as opposed to the $100 total. I am not complaining but still can't figure out why I got the $50 per person credit. Since I'd booked the airfare over a month ago, I have been checking almost daily to see if the price has gone down for the day of my travel (along with looking at the fare a few days before and after my scheduled travel date) - and still I find only the $25 price change.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Are you searching for a single passenger or for all 4? In some cases JetBlue offers a discount on fares if multiple passengers are on the same reservation. That might be what's involved.