FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Military Personnel: Upgrades and Other Benefits on Delta Air Lines
Old Jun 19, 2010, 7:03 pm
BravoZulu

Military up front where they belong

Don't always jump to conclusions regarding military in the front cabin. I routinely get on early, stow my bag, and then relinquish my seat to someone in uniform. This is one of the ways that I can honor their service to us.

When I give my upgrade to the military, no one else (even if she/he was next up on the upgrade list) should jump to a conclusion that DL gave her/his upgrade away. When I elect to trade places, someone in the military won my seat lottery.

Going into ATL, when their next hop is in a chartered sardine can to a staging area across the pond, it is a civilized treat for them and is always appreciated. Invariably, as was the case from CLT to ATL yesterday (all of a 35 minute flight), they wait for me to deplane to say thank you; I, in turn, am only too happy to thank them for what they do for us.

I just don't understand why more of us do not elect to do the same for them. I know that it takes considerable effort to get status and, with it, a sense of entitlement. I look forward to a day for a single flight when every seat up front is occupied by the military in uniform.

Just a thought . . .