FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Snacks
Thread: No Snacks
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2010, 7:35 am
knope2001

Full food pass MKE-LGA

Finally flew a 319 flight yesterday, and I'm pleased to say there was a full food for sale pass -- something I have not seen.

The crew actually made six service passes through the cabin excluding garbage pick-up. Considering ths was a full flight and only about 1:40 in the air, the F/A really worked hard.

1. Identify Summit/Midwest Exec members and activate their TVs (preflight)
2. Pass out headseats and assist passengers with TV (after takeoff)
3. Full beverage pass
4. Food for sale pass
5. Full beverage pass (not just water or coffee)
6. Cookie pass (warm)

Of course the energy and attitude of any specific inflight crew makes a big difference in the perceived level of service, and I might have just lucked out. However this was definitely a very positive experience.

Getting back to the food part, we were in row 10 and the food sales in the first ten rows seemed relatively brisk. They sold 1 M&M, 3 chips/salsa, 1 chex mix, 2 cheese curds, 1 salad, 1 sandwich, 2 more unidentified items. I did not see anyone who got a free snack, however I don't think that anybody can purchase Classic or Classic Plus on this flight because it was operated as YX...and any flight premiarily operated as YX only has economy. So I don't think anybody who was entitled to the free snack was onboard. However considering the crew went through the cabin to identify who qualified for the free TV, I suspect they would have also been flagged for the free snack.