FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CE board at your leisure - forcing your way past the plebs
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:12 pm
tuff

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by Palmer
Slightly OT: I had the'pleasure' of travelling domestic during the week.

I only had a laptop bag and no other luggage. GCH, so I'd pre-selected 1C ahead of my flight. Gate staff announced that, because the flight was very busy, boarding would be done by row number. They then called rows 13 to 27, I sat and waited, thinking row 27 must be the rear and they were boarding in reverse. Then they called "everyone else" - cue large scrum - didn't fancy my chances, continued waiting.

Needless to say, when I arrived at my seat, probably one of the last 3 or 4 pasengers to board, the space in the overhead locker had gone. There was something stuffed below my seat from the passenger seated behind, and the bulkhead in front, so laptop bag headed off to row 8 with FA.

Cue another fight as I tried to retrieve it 50 minutes later against the flow/push of everyone leaving. Oh well...

Palmer
Domestic or not, boarding by row or not, if you have status you can still board at your leisure, i.e. first. I have checked this several times at the gate before I made sure I boarded first.