FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:14 am
ckpeter

Originally Posted by 710 77345
Which company / tool should we be boycotting & bad-mouthing as a result of this?
Originally Posted by rankourabu
We shouldnt, since we dont know for sure.
But there has been a beta tool under development by a FlyerTalker (I think I saw the post in the United forum), that basically uses the ANA database/interface, but makes it much more user friendly.
I imagine you are all talking about Award Nexus, the tool I just started sharing with a few interested members a few weeks ago.

Thanks for not jumping to conclusion, rankourabu. While I don't have full stats at this point, with only a few dozens accounts and less than ten daily active users, many of whom are not doing ANA search, I have no reason to think ANX has anything to do with ANA's new policy.

Some heavy award redeemers probably do more searches than all the active daily users of my tool combined.

Originally Posted by jarino
.... due to the wide date and route range offered by the tool, the number of requests must be enormous...
Please, you are too kind, jarino. One day I wish the usage would reach the level you described.

Last edited by ckpeter; Jun 18, 2010 at 11:27 am Reason: Edit quote selection