FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this SOP for a MX-cancellation?!?
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:52 am
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by as219
So this means if they cancel the flight and rebook me on a flight 17 hours later, they give nothing, but if that same flight is delayed only 6 hours, then I get a full refund?
You have hit on the principal weakness in the B6 proposition, I think, especially when a passenger is traveling a "long, thin" route, e.g. low frequencies, which is my case living out here in SEA. It is a fact that 95% of the time things work fine. It is also a fact that the other 5% of the time, disaster ensues, which makes it impossible for me to use B6 for business travel. It's just not OK to be told, sorry, mechanical, you can either have your money back or return to the airport in 24 / 36 / 48 hours.

Every so often I or my family fly BOS-SEA. A little while ago the three of us booked B6 BOS-JFK-SEA, and the BOS-JFK segment came up delayed. Two of us were reaccommodated on the BOS-SEA nonstop, but that filled the flight and my wife was left behind. Upshot: $250 in unexpected hotel / food expenses and she missed a day of work back home. Reaction from B6: shrug.

More recently my son and I were booked on Delta, BOS-MSP-SEA, and when we got to Terminal A the monitors showed the BOS-MSP running too late for us to make our connection; the landside agent immediately booked us over to Alaska's BOS-SEA nonstop with no argument.

I am no fan of the legacies, or DL in particular, but that's why I only fly JetBlue if it doesn't really matter when I get there. They have to adopt interlining to become a serious airline.