FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA now (tries to) require you to have a Mileage Balance to use the Partner Search !
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:33 am
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by littlevoices
(I'd pay ExpertFlyer more frequently, I currently pay my $5 on an ad-hoc basis, if only they offered a *A search.. perhaps it will help build a business case for them)

Out of interest, what was the *A search engine that is being mentioned?
It's Ana.co.jp and ExpertFlyer doesn't screen scrape their website nor do we plan to.

Originally Posted by littlevoices
Perhaps in the background Expertflyer is doing the same but it was always hidden and I assumed they paid someone cash to get direct access to the actual airline system that shows the award classes (perhaps they scrape too?), hence the more limited number of airlines available but no requirement to have an ANA account.
As mentioned before, we are not screen scraping the ANA website. As for why any other tool that uses ANA works, sbm12 is correct:

Originally Posted by sbm12
It is still scraping the site but the URL request used gets around the fact that they are not exposing the link to users through the main UI. In other words, while they aren't showing the old link to you it still works.
However if ANA closes that loophole that will change unless you have miles in your ANA account.