FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta 777-200ER Business Elite seat help needed
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:07 am
jbmflyer

Originally Posted by DLATL777
All the seats can fully recline; that isn't really the issue. The issue is whether or not you like to extend your feet beyond the small "flap" at the end of the seat. For me, I often don't even use the "flat" as Im tall enough (6'0) that if I press my feet against the edge of the seat flap, my legs are noticeably bent. Because of this, if I sit in the non-bulkhead rows, I can put my legs out a bit more under the seat in front of me. On the other side of the coin, when the seat in front of you is fully reclined and your footrest is completely up, the area for your feet is very very narrow, flap or not. I would say if getting out with ease is more a concern, then the bulkheads win hands down.

As for the second section of BE; no need to worry about it being empty; on day of departure, you will have the joy of watching the entire second section fill up magically with 20 non-revs. Happens every time.

HAHA, isn't that the way it always goes. I'm going to go with row 1, I don't really worry about getting out easily as I am travelling with my wife. The light will be a bonus because I would like to stay awake the second half of the flight so when I land im on local time. Every previous time I have flown BE on long haul with Delta's 777 it has been rows 2 or 3 in A or C. I'm about 5'11" so I guess the feet fully extended may be an issue, but I would be ok with just leaning a bit to the side and scooting my feet into the aisle. It's worth it to stay away from the engine noise and in the quieter forward BE cabin I do find it interesting that Seat Guru also notes that there is no floor storage in that seat because its a bulkhead, but that is true of all BE seats on the 777ER. I wonder if that is their standard addition to all bulkhead seats