FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Boarding and flexibility" option now for sale AA.com (nee PriorityAAccess for sale?)
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:39 am
AAerSTL

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
If I understand correctly, non-elite Y passengers can purchsae this assortment of services ONLY at the point of sale unlike United? That would make sense because if someone knew they were going to be making a flight change they could simply purchase the "Your Choice" assortment for $9-$19 and then call and request the change (w/ $75 discount). Its interesting that you are essentially purchasing a discount for the change fee. It would be nice if AA could allow elites the opportunity to save on the change fee then.

The press release specifies that more services are to follow; but I think they should allow passengers to add the bundle AFTER the point of sale. I have an award ticket coming up for November on UAL and have received multiple e-mails soliciting me to purchase Economy Plus/Premier Line/etc (all of which I've disregarded since Im not interested) but I think if AA offered this some passengers may add it on after their ticket purchase.